Friday, October 2, 2015

We Interrupt This Marriage...

...for hunting season!  Yep...it's that that of year again.  The time of year that my hubby gets a serious case of buck fever and I become a hunting widow.  The good news is that with my hubby and boys gone most weekends I get some time to myself which means more stamp time!
This week at The Friday Mashup we are playing around with silhouettes and backgrounds.  
When I started to make the background I had a little something different in mind, but the more I played around with creating the background, the more it looked like camo, which sparked a whole new idea...a hunting card for my hubby!
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Basic Black, Whisper White, Watercolor Paper, Winter Wonderland Specialty DSP
Ink ~ Tip Top Taupe, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, Soft Suede, VersaMark
Stamp Set ~ Wonderland
Other Supplies ~ Circle Framelits, Snowflake Elements, Black Embossing Powder, Basic Black Bakers Twine, Aqua Painter

To create my background, I first spritzed my Watercolor Paper with water then used my Aqua Painter to apply the Tip Top Taupe.  I used my Stamping  Write Markers to color the pinecone image the spritzed it with water and stamped it on the still damp Watercolor Paper.  This made for a fun background for the antlers!
I'll tuck this card in my hubby's pack as he heads out for his first morning of hunting...a fun little traction I started way back when we first started dating.

Now it's your turn to create a background for your silhouette image!

Happy Friday and Happy Stamping!!


1 comment:

  1. What a fun camouflage background! I love these antlers but have been a bit stumped by them. Thanks for the inspiration! I'm sure your hubby will appreciate the card and note from you as he heads off to bag the big one!

    ReplyDelete