Tuesday, December 24, 2013

I'm Dreaming of a White{tail} Christmas

Merry Christmas Eve to all of you!!!  Are you all finished with your Christmas preparations or are you scrambling like me to finish up all of the last minute details?  I always say I'm going to stay caught up and not get all stressed out come Christmas Eve, but I've yet to make that happen.  But it is what it is and all will be happy in the end, no matter what!
 
My twin boys and I spent some time together over the weekend making cards for my hubby.  Anyone who knows my husband knows that he is an AVID hunter, which I believe is genetic, because all three of my boys talk of nothing but hunting too!  So, of course we had to make cards using the big ol' buck from Remembering Christmas.
Inspired by the awesomely talented Erica Cerwin, I cased her card with a little added twist of my own...
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Natural Composition DSP, Very Vanilla, Season of Style DSP, Etcetera DSP
Ink ~ Cherry Cobbler, VersaMark
Stamp Sets ~ Remembering Christmas, Christmas Messages
Other Supplies ~ Labels Collection Framelits, Linen Thread, Whisper White Embossing Powder
 
Aidan searched Pinterest and found a design he wanted to copy and came up with this card.... 
And Hunter did some Pinterest searching of his own and designed this card.  He loved using the distressing tool!!! 
They are both so proud of their cards and can not wait to give them to their Daddy tomorrow morning when he gets home from work.
 
Tonight we will join our fire family for a festive dinner at the fire station...our second year in a row of doing this.  I love the bond that my husband has with all of his brothers and how our families have all become one big blended family.  I don't think one every truly understands the whole "brotherhood" of a fire or police department until you become a part of that family.  Warms my heart and makes me smile.
 
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!
 
Happy Stamping!


1 comment:

  1. An awesome trio of cards, Dad is gonna love these! Merry Christmas Eve to you and yours, friend! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete