Sunday, July 28, 2013

Best of Eastern Elegance

Hi friends!  I have been on a cleaning and organizing rampage this morning!  Nothing like a kiddo birthday party with tons of new toys to motivate me to clean out the old toys and junk and make room for more.  Thanks to my big boys, we had the bedrooms and playroom all clean and back in order in less that two hours.  And since I was on a roll, I decided to utilize nap time and attacked my craft room and office too.  It feels good to have all of my new goodies and Convention loot in their proper places and actually have room to stamp!  And what's even better??!?!?  Still having some time left over to stamp...WOOHOO!!
 
This is a card that I really wasn't looking forward to making.  A good friend lost her daddy yesterday after a battle with cancer.  It is never, EVER easy to say good-bye to a loved one, but I hope she will find peace in knowing that he is no longer suffering.  I also hope this card brightens her a day a little and lets her know how much I love her!
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Eastern Elegance DSP
Ink ~ Crushed Curry
Other Supplies ~ Boho Blossoms Punch, Deco Labels Collection Framelits, Ovals Collection Framelits, Rhinestones Basic Jewels
 
I used the latest sketch from Fab Friday to help get me started on this card.  I don't know about you, but I always find it helpful to start my card with a sketch and let my creativity fill in the rest :)
 
Now it's time to clean up (edit) some pictures...love it when I get on roll like this!
 
Happy Stamping!

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Breelin! This is a great suite to use for a sympathy card. I'm just sorry you needed to make one. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday again! I always look forward to seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bree!! Saw this on Fab Friday! Loved it! Can't wait for your hop next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card!! These are the toughest to make, but hopefully they help a little!! I love this DSP, and when I first saw it in the catalog I didn't think I would!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card!! These are the toughest to make, but hopefully they help a little!! This DSP is so pretty, I wasn't sure I'd like it when I first saw it in the catalog!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant. I hope it brings your friend some comfort. Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete