Sunday, June 30, 2013

Take me to the Beach...

What I wouldn't give to be at the beach this weekend...
So many of my friends and family are vacationing at the beach this weekend and have been flooding Facebook and Instagram with all of their sunny beach pictures.  Our time will come soon enough though!  My family will be spending 10 wonderful days in Pacific City in August....can't wait!  Until then, we'll beat the 100+ degree temps and stay cool in our little blow up swimming pool. 
 
This weeks Friday Mashup also has me thinking of the beach!  The Mashup challenge is to create a beach themed card using the masking technique.  I was totally inspired by Heidi Baks card and just had to CASE it! 
 
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Soft Sky, Whisper White, Early Espresso Core'dinations
Ink ~ Soft Sky, Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Smoky Slate
Stamp Sets ~ By the Tide
Other Supplies ~ Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Linen Thread, Bird Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch
 
You may notice that my picture is outside instead of my crafting desk...it's because I have next to no room on my desk at the moment as I am knee deep in swaps for Convention.  The good news is that I am almost done with my swaps and I can clean my desk off and put everything back in it's place...the mess is stressing me out! 
 
I hope you all get to enjoy some beach time at some point this summer...there's no better place to be!
 
Happy Stamping!


5 comments:

  1. Great job CAS'ing Heidi's card, it came out great.

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I caused you to run to your stamps! :) Love the little bird with the water logs (what the heck do you call those things?). Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the text on the sand and the woodgrain embossing in the background. The colours you have used for the sky are absolutely gorgeous. Great job with the mashup! Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card! Love the seagull you've created with the bird punch and it looks fab sitting on the log in the sand! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great card! I love the embossed background and the stamped sand. Great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete