Thursday, May 2, 2013

Stylin' Stampin' Squad Blog Hop ~ Best of Stampin' Up!

Welcome to May's edition of Stylin' Stampin' Squad Blog hop!  It's that time of year where we all get so excited for sneak peeks of all new Stampin' Up! products, but that also means we have to say good-bye to some old favorites too!  This month's theme is all about the Best of Stampin' Up!  A chance for us to use our favorite set (retiring or not) or one of the stamps from the Best of sets that have been available since the beginning of the year.  I have so many favorites and could not narrow it down to just one, so you get a couple :)

First up is my favorite baby stamp set...Baby Boutique. I have used this set for numerous baby shower cards and gifts.  I'm sad to see this set retire and probably won't be able to let this one go!  I made a cute little onesie cupcake and packaged it up with a couple little bottles of baby wash and lotion.  Add a coordinating card and you have the perfect little gift for a sweet baby bundle of
joy!
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Subtles Collection DSP Stack
Ink ~ Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue
Stamp Sets ~ Baby Boutique, A Word for You, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Other Supplies ~ Subtles Collection Buttons, So Saffron Taffeta Ribbon, Curly Label Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Jewelry Tag Punch, Designer Rosette Bigz

Next up I have a fun little gift box and coordinating birthday card using the Patio Party DSP. This is my all time favorite DSP and I am super sad it will soon be gone.  But don't worry, my hoarding instincts kicked in and I ordered a few packages to keep on hand :)  Another retiring stamp that I am really, really don't want to go is Distressed Dots.  What am I going to do without this one?!?!
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Midnight Muse, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Patio Party DSP
Ink ~ Baja Breeze, Primrose Petals, Midnight Muse, Whisper White Craft, White Gel Pen
Stamp Sets ~ Make a Cake, Curly Cute, Sweet Essentials
Other Supplies ~ 2 1/2" Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Apothecary Accents Framelits, In-Color Dahlias, Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon

Thanks for hopping along with all of us!   

  1. Nancy B. of Lady Stamps-A-Lot
  2. Rose C. of Stamp with Rose
  3. Tonya B. of Stampin' with Tonya
  4. Darcy J. of DJ's Stampin' Place
  5. Pamela W. of Stinky Tofu
  6. Kim R. of Stamping with Kim
  7. Heidi B of Stuck on Stampin'
  8. Bree R. of Craft-somnia  <---You are here!

7 comments:

  1. I love all your projects! The baby card is super cute and has so many wonderful details and what a great gift idea. The birthday card is fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wished I didn't gave Make A Wish stamp set away, after seeing your creation, I want it back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bree, adorable cards! I wish we could carry over this DSP.. its so much fun! Thank yo for sharing you creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baby card is adorable! I love the gift box. Of course you used my favorite Curly Cute, too! Thanks for hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These projects are fantabulous, anyone would be excited to receive them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO CUTE! What a great display for the "Best Of"!! The baby gift is such a cute idea. A onesie cupcake?? How adorable!! Love the blocking on the baby card. The birthday ensemble is great, too...I am so going to miss Patio Party and Distressed Dots? Don't even get me started...so sad!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great cards! Both are such fun designs and turned out great. Man, this blog hop is rough... its reminding me of all the stamps and paper that I am low on or didn't get yet that is super cute!

    ReplyDelete