Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Love Story Worth Living

Happy Anniversary to two of the most amazing people I know...my parents!  They are celebrating 38 years of marriage today, but they have been together since they were in 7th grade.  Talk about a love story!  As in any marriage, there have been ups and downs, but through it all they have stayed strong and always been each other's best friend.  I'm so blessed to have such amazing parents and am so thankful for all they have taught me...they are great role models to my hubby and I. 
I placed one last order from the old catalog late last week and was able to redeem my Sale-A-Bration recruting bundle of goodies, which I had totally forgotten about!  I was so excited because it included the new Modern Medley DSP, which was on my new catty wish list!  So, I put this pretty paper to good use and made my parents an anniversary card.
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Crushed Curry, Modern Medley DSP
Ink ~ Jet Black StazOn
Stamp Set ~ One in a Million
Other Supplies ~ Scallop Circle Punches, Antique Brads, Black Embossing Powder

How pretty is that Antique Brad in black?!?!?  Thanks to the ever talented Patty Bennett, I am now in love with embossing all of my Antique Brads in different colors.  Super simple to do...just ink up the brad with your Versamark pad (use a pair of tweezers or pliers to hold it), dip the brad in  your embossing powder and heat with your heat gun until all the powder is melted.  AWESOME!!!  FYI, once the powder is melted, give it a minute or two to fully dry.  

Off to get a few house chores done and then I'm off to Famers Market with my boys!  Then later today we'll head to a family reunion for my hubby's side of the family.  Sadly, my hubby won't get to join us because he is working a 72 hour shift this weekend...boo :(  At least we both have Monday off and will get to spend some time together. 

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment