Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sending Love to Boston

Yesterday's horrific tragedy in Boston has left me with a heavy heart and the inability to wrap my mind around how someone is able to commit such a senseless act.  As an avid and passionate runner, my heart aches for all of those runners who will have to endure the ever lasting sense of fear when they lace up their shoes.  I am saddened that we live in a world where we do have so much to fear and I pray that they are able to find peace and comfort and get past this awful day in their life.
As I took off on my run this morning with tears in my eyes and TobyMac radio streaming, the lyrics of a Mercy Me song really struck home...

When life won't play along
And right keeps going wrong
And I can't seem to find my way
I know where I am found
So I won't let it drag me down
Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway...

These lyrics made me realize that we can not live in constant fear...we just need to move forward and keep on believing. 

Having a little bit of time this morning before I had to get my boys up and ready for school, I was able to make a card in honor of all of the Boston Marathon runners as well as all the spectators.  Sending them all my love...

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Sent with Love DSP, Calypso Coral, Pool Party
Other Supplies ~ 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Owl Punch, Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon, Calypso Coral Bakers Twine

Did you notice there are no stamps used on this card?  The cute images were simply cut out from one of the sheets of DSP...fun!  You still have a few more days to grab this fun bundle!!!


My thoughts and prayers continue to go out to all involved in yesterday's awful event, especially for those who lost loved ones or sustained injuries.  I pray that all of those runners are still able to celebrate their successful accomplishment of the race and dig deep to keep their joy of running alive! 

Happy Running and Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment