Thursday, February 28, 2013

Happy Birthday Meme

Today my grandma would have celebrated 88 years of life...Happy Birthday Meme!  It makes me sad that she never had the chance to meet any of my boys...she would have spoiled them rotten and loved them all so much!  They may not have had the chance to meet their great grandma, but we speak of her often.  The relationship my boys have with my parents is very similar to the relationship I had with my Meme and Grandpa, which warms my heart.
I made today's card with my grandma in mind...
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Crumb Cake, Whisper White, So Saffron, Lucky Limeade, Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP
Ink ~ Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade, So Saffron, Crumb Cake
Stamp Sets ~ Collage Curios, A Word for You, En Francais
Other Supplies ~ Apothecary Accents Framelits, Soda Pop Tops, Vine Street Embossing Folder, Rhinestones

The sketch for this card comes to you from Tui over at Freshly Made Sketches (sad this is her last sketch...she's awesome!).  And my color combo is from The Color Throwdown.

Sending big birthday loves up to my Meme...love you to the moon and back!

Happy Stamping!


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love your bottle cap embellishment. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. I love the colors and the added texture with the soda pop top. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so nice!!! I think that is sweet that you made it to honor your Mema. I love the French script across it and the bottle cap image in the middle. Your three boys look so cute!! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special card! It sounds like you have some wonderful memories of your grandmother. Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Breelin! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete