Thursday, November 1, 2012

Postage Due - FMS59/PPA146

Hello November and Happy Thursday! 

What a fun Halloween night we all had!  We took the kids to a few houses in the neighborhood, visited the grandparents and were still home well before bedtime.  And we even managed to avoid any candy sampling last night...Halloween success!!! 

My hubby broke away from his hunting camp for the night so he could join us for our Halloween fun.  We are all looking forward to him being back home on Sunday!  I took advantage of him being home this morning and got up at dark o'clock to go for a run and still had some stamping time before my work day started...yay!!!

Cindy over at Freshly Made Sketches has a great sketch for us this week!  I love their clean and simple sketches!  So, I had some ideas in mind for what stamp set(s) to use, but was stumped with my colors.  But Pals Paper Arts came to my rescue with a great Color Challenge! 

PPA 146 Nov 1 2012
I have to say, Riding Hood Red is not a color that I often use, but paired up with Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla, it's beautiful!  I used Early Espresso as my neutral color, which really made the Very Vanilla stand out.

 Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red, Crumb Cake
Ink ~ Riding Hood Red, Early Espresso
Stamp Sets ~ Postage Due, En Francais, French Foliage
Other Supplies ~ Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder, Postage Stamp Punch, Square Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon

Crazy how fast this week and this year has gone by!  Time to get things in gear and start getting ready for, gulp...Christmas!  And I've I have a big 7 year old birthday party to plan for my two sweet big boys :)  Angry Birds...time to put my punches to use!

Happy Stamping!!!

5 comments:

  1. Love the Postage Due Stamps and all the subtle undertones you added with the background stamps. Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! What lovely stamps to use for this sketch...perfect! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right - that is a beautiful color combo, especially with Early Espresso thrown in the mix! And the postage stamps go so well with the challenge! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so elegant - you used that Riding Hood Red really well! Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these images and colors--a lovely vintage take on the sketch! Thanks for sharing this with us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete