Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bootiful Christmas

Do you ever start working on a card and come up with an idea for a totally different card?  This happens to me all the time, which is why I often have such a mess of a craft desk.  I always seem to have 2 or 3 projects in the works...but at least I finish them and clean my desk off before the day is done.  (Only to mess it up again the next day!)
I was working on a birthday card for my dear friend DeeDee, when the idea struck me to make a Christmas card using the cowboy boot from Bootiful Occasions. Yee Haw!!  Maybe I was still in non-traditional holiday stamp mode from the latest challenge over at The Friday Mashup. :)
I kept this very simple, adding just a bit of sparkle along the stitching on the boot and the brads to give a little extra western touch.

Supplies Used:

Paper ~ Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Festival of Prints DSP
Ink ~ Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
Stamp Sets ~ Bootiful Occasions, Merry Minis, Sweet Essentials
Other Supplies ~ Simply Scored, Metallic Brads, Merry Minis {star} Punch, Dazzling Details

I think I may have to make a few more of these to send out to all of my horse loving friends this Christmas!

Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

  1. Great western card! I know a lot of folks who would love a Christmas card like this!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love it!! Thanks for joining again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great non traditional Christmas card! Very western, love the non traditional colors for Christmas you used. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete