Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Blue Glass Birthday

Happy Birthday to my good friend Dar!  I created a pretty card thanks to the fun theme challenge this week over at  Hand Stamped Sentiments
The first thing I thought of was some beautiful cobalt blue vases with bright flowers in them.  While I couldn't create the cobalt blue, I did manage to add some bright flowers :) 
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Watercolor Paper
Ink ~ Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Pacific Point
Stamp Sets ~ Fabulous Florets, Memorable Moments
Other Supplies ~ Holiday Ornaments Framelits, Stampin' Spritzer, Daffodil Delight Taffeta Ribbon

To create the vases, I used the watercolor paper with the Holiday Ornaments Framelits and cut the bottoms off.  I sponged some Pacific Point ink over the vase and then sprayed them with a little bit of water using the Stampin' Spritzer.  Easy peasy!

Off to get my crew up and ready for the day.  I could use some good thoughts and prayers...fighting a horrible case of vertigo this morning :(  Praying it goes away quickly...this momma doesn't have time to be sick!

Happy Stamping!

7 comments:

  1. Your are totally brilliant! That is so cool how you have thought outside the box and used the ornament as a vase! Thanks for playing along with the inspiration challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is FAB U LOUS!! Great use of the framelit! I love the color combo, too!! Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card is SOOO cool! I love how you used the ornament for your vase- clever!! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all of you! I had fun creating these little vases :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Cute!!! Love the vase!!! Very pretty color combo!!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those vases are perfect! The color is right on, and the big, bright flowers are so cute! Thanks for playing at HSS. Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW VERY CLEVER! Super cute and cheery, I'm sure she loved the card!
    Thanks for playing with us at HSS.

    ReplyDelete