Saturday, August 11, 2012

Hello, baby

I couldn't resist making another card with this cute little owl...I just love him!  I went to Dynamic Duos for some color inspiration and the Saturday Sketch Challenge at  Stamping 411 for a sketch idea.







SSC268
I don't use much from the Subtles Collection...I'm more of a brights girl!  But when I saw the colors in the Dynamic Duo challenge, I thought they would make for a cute baby card.  So, Owl Occasions came back out and I got to work.  I couldn't quite follow the rules over at DD (to only use a neutral color along with the Dynamic Duo), so this little guy won't be submitted today :(  But that's ok...I needed one more color to make this card work ;)
I didn't have any coordinating ribbon or DSP so I made my own using the Fancy Fan Embossing Folder. I inked it the folder up with Pretty in Pink and sandwiched my paper inside to create the pretty stamped image seen on the "ribbon" between the two framelits...super easy and fun way to create your own DPS or ribbon! My one year old son got a hold of a sheet of my Soft Suede paper yesterday and had fun mashing it all up.  Rather than throw it away, I crumpled it up a bit more and used it for a little added texture in this card...thanks Owen!

Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Certainly Celery, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Ink ~ Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie
Stamp Sets ~ Owl Occasions, Sweet Essentials
Other Supplies ~ Window Frames Framelits, Festive Paper-Piercing Pack, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Bitty Banners Framelits

Happy Stamping!

5 comments:

  1. Great card!!! I love your little owl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little owl is one of my favorites too! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute-the little owl popped right out at me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! So super wicked cute! What a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable, so love that owl!! Thanks so much for joining us this week on the 411 sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete